Costa Rica will begin allowing international flight arrivals from the E.U., UK, and Canada beginning August 1st. Costa Rica also announced measures to which tourists must adhere to if they visit the country.
- Tourists must complete and present an epidemiological survey. https://ccss.now.sh/
- Tourists must present proof of a negative PCR coronavirus test. The result must have been received within the 48 hours before their travel to Costa Rica.
- Tourists must acquire travel insurance that covers medical care or an unexpected extended hotel stay.
- Tourists must follow all airport and local health protocols. This includes wearing a mask or face shield in the hotel indoor public areas.
Reservations are subject to our normal 3 day cancellation policy (with Christmas / New Years as an exception - Reservations over those days are non-refundable). Additional information can be found here. If you have made a reservation through a travel agency or through a 3rd party (such as a tour operator, Expedia, etc.). We recommend contacting them directly for cancellation policies.
As we continue to navigate a path of continued health and safety for our team members and guests, we will remain vigilant and respect and observe local, state and federal guidelines even as they change. This includes a requirement for all individuals to wear face coverings in indoor public space areas unless eating, while seated, or for anyone over the age of two years.
Thank you for your patience as we work to help prevent the further spread of the virus while providing a space for you and your family to confidently relax and escape. The following initiatives are based upon what we know about the virus, and what we hear from you, our guests, as to what is important when traveling away from home. You have our commitment that we will continue to evaluate and adjust as we test these practices, always striving to deliver the Margaritaville quality and reputation that is a hallmark of our brand.
As you may be aware, Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo is working to preserve our natural resources and reduce our carbon footprint. This means limiting the use of plastic and recycling whenever possible. In light of the pandemic and in order to prioritize safety, we've had to make some temporary compromises. Please know that as soon as possible and wherever possible, we will return fully to our sustainable practices.
Please take a few moments to review these measures and, when you are ready, know that we are here and waiting to welcome you.
- All Housekeeping staff service and clean/sanitize guestrooms each day. To ensure guest safety in their personal space, our housekeepers are equipped with gloves and masks We ask that guests arrive with their own masks..
- All "high-touch" areas are now being treated with additional disinfectant/sanitizer on a constant basis (public door handles, tabletops, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer is available in the common areas for your use (lobby, restaurants, bars, meeting rooms)
- Staff has been trained in preventing the spread of coronavirus and we will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operation.
- Any guests presenting symptoms of upper respiratory illness such as cough, fever, cold symptoms, will be asked to self-isolate in their room and will be tested for the virus with local government health officials.
- All guests and visitors are required to wear face coverings in indoor common areas and public spaces. Some guests may be exempt from this mandate, including children under the age of 2, and individuals with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that makes it unreasonable for the individual to maintain a face covering. Should you arrive without a face mask, one will be provided to you.
What You Can Expect Upon Arrival:
In the framework of the national state of emergency declaration in the entire territory of the Republic of Costa Rica, Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo has taken preventive sanitary measures provided by the ministry of health for greater prevention and protection of our staff, guests, and their respective families.
The following sanitary measures are being implemented throughout the resort:
1. All our staff responsibly use the PPE (personal protective equipment) assigned to each position.
2. An online communication channel will be maintained with most of our suppliers, complying with social distancing.
3. From the moment of the reservation, our reservations agents will inform you of the prevention measures that the resort is implementing.
4. Upon arrival at the lobby, the established distance signs will indicate where to wait for the check In process.
5. Upon arrival at the time of check In, only 1 person per room is required to register. When placing the resort guest key bracelets, they will be placed personalized way according to the receptionist in charge. In the case of children, the bracelet will be delivered to the parent so that it can be placed on the child.
6. All guests are required to wear a mask in public indoor areas. Should you need a mask, one will be provided to you at the front desk.
6. The use of the resort elevator is restricted to 3 people, and will be disinfected every time it is used.
7. Each department in the resort has its own intensified daily cleaning program.
8. In the resort's public areas, protocols for sneezing, coughing, hand washing, and greetings, among other things have been identified to encourage prevention measures.
9. Guests will find hand washing stations for greater safety and comfort, as well as hand sanitizer, hand soap and paper towels.
10. The resort has a protocol in place for suspicion of any symptomatology related to a respiratory disease.
11. The cleaning staff has been issued PPE for cleaning rooms and common areas of the hotel, guaranteeing the sanitation of those spaces.
12. The Reception agents will communicate by telephone with guests to inquire about their health and any sanitation needs they require.
13. The laundry staff has increased measures to sanitize and clean linens and towels that will be used during your stay.
14. We will be reinforcing the information on the use and schedules of food areas, activities in our hotel in order to regulate the concentration of people in common places.
15. The resort will continue an ongoing communication with local government according to their needs for a timely and responsible attention to any and all situations that arise.
Please rest assured that we are all working hard to ensure your stay is worry-free and enjoyable. We hope to welcome you to our beautiful resort soon!
Andres Mocny, General Manager